- I'm New
- Get Involved
- Christian Formation
- Children & Families
- Prayer Meetings
- For Ministry Leaders
Urban Missions Committee
The Urban Missions Committee (UMC) seeks to encourage and equip CCFCers to learn about, care for, and be involved in God’s work in our surrounding community. UMC does this by supporting the church’s outreach ministries, building connections with people and organizations in Central Square and greater Cambridge, and helping congregation members to access urban ministry opportunities.
Current and Past Partners:
- Cambridge Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (neighborhood organization that provides senior care services)
- Traction House (faith-based residential program in Dorchester for young people)
- InnerCHANGE (Tim & Alice Colegrove, who minister to homeless youth in Cambridge/Boston)
- Heading Home (non-profit working to end homelessness)
- YWCA Family Shelter (housing and supportive services for homeless families in Cambridge)
- Straight Ahead Ministries (works with juvenile offenders)
- Emmanuel Gospel Center (equips Boston churches and ministries to effectively serve urban communities) and one of their programs, Starlight Ministries (ministry and outreach to people struggling with homelessness)
- Young Life, Boston North chapter (works with high-risk youth in Cambridge).
For more information, email umc [at] ccfc-church.org.